What are cookies?
A cookie is a text file stored in a user's web browser on a computer or any other device when he/she accesses a website. It allows to identify the device of a user and to visualize a web page adjusted to his/her preferences. Likewise, remember a website visited and is recognized when a user returns to the website.
What are they used for?
Cookies are used to adjust content websites to user preferences and optimize the use of websites. They store useful information in order to simplify and improve the Internet experience. They are used especially for:
- Allow to remain identified on the website when it is logged.
- Adjust to user preferences and optimize the use of web content, especially these files allow to recognize a user's device and display a website adapted to their individual needs, for example mobiles, tablets...
- They allow to create statistics that help to understand how users use the website and helps us to improve its structure and content (Google Analytics)
What types of cookies are used?
There are two types of cookies:
- Persistent cookies remain on your hard drive for the time specified in the cookies or parameter files until they are manually deleted by a user.
- Session cookies, on the other hand, are used temporarily and expire once a website or browser is closed.
Do cookies collect personal data?
If there is a need to collect personal information, which is required by the Data Protection laws to inform users about the collection of personal data.
In the remaining cases, the personal data is decoded in such a way that it is inaccessible to unauthorized persons.
Management of cookies
By default, you can place cookies in the browser, however, these settings can be changed in a way to block cookies or service to inform at any time of its use. Detailed information about cookies and their service is available in the configuration of each browser.
In compliance with Royal Decree-Law 13/2012, OLD BCN informs you that our website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics that places a series of cookies (4 by default) in its computer with the sole purpose of evaluating the type of navigation made by the website and submit activity reports on the website.
Google stores the information collected by cookies on servers located in the United States and undertakes not to share it with third parties, except when the law requires it or is necessary for the operation of the system. Google does not associate your IP address with any other information you have.
Google Inc. is a company that adheres to the Safe Harbor Agreement. This agreement guarantees that the transferred data will be treated with a level of protection in accordance with European regulations. You can check the Google registration form at this link: Google registration form in the Safe Harbor Agreement.
If you wish to obtain more information about the cookies used by Google Analytics, please access this address: Concepts about Google Analytics cookies.
Google has developed an add-on that you can install in your browser if you do not wish to be replenished by its cookies: Google Analytics Opt-out add-on.
The choice you make about the use of Google Analytics cookies on this site will be recorded in an additional cookie that will also be stored on your computer.
© 2019 OLD BCN